NYC-based Mick Boogie, known for his eclectic DJ sets and amazing mixtapes, is also an avid basketball fan and a video game junkie. With the recent return of the classic 90’s arcade game NBA JAM (now refreshed and remixed for 2010), Mick was inspired to put together a mixtape of classic and rare 90’s remixes that serve as the soundtrack to where we were back in the day. Being that NBA JAM dropped in 1993… Mick’s decision to call the mix “93 Til’ Infinity” was the only appropriate choice!
In addition to the mixtape, Mick collaborated with vintage t-shirt designers Homage to create a limited edition NBA JAM/93 Til Infinity inspired tee to celebrate the release of this mix and the videogame. You can find the shirt here.
Click here for the tracklist and download link!
A Tribe Called Quest is one of my favorite groups of all time… in any genre of music. After seeing Michael Rapaport’s amazing documentary on the group (click here), I felt inspired to put together a special Tribe mix and this is the end result.
This is NOT a greatest hits mix. This mix is for the true Tribe fans only… the die-hards who know every lyric and remember every interlude.
I thought it would be cool to basically create the “lost” Tribe album… with all the rare songs, demos, limited-edition remixes, and collaborations you may have missed over the years. I hope when you enjoy this as much as I do, and hear some things you have never heard before.
Special thank you to UNDRCRWN for the amazing artwork. Long live A Tribe Called Quest!
You can download it here.
In honor of the Beastie Boys being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame last week… I thought it’s finally the right time to do a Beasties mixtape. It’s something I’ve wanted to do for a long time… something people have asked me to do for a long time, actually… but I wanted it to mean something. Now, it’s finally the right time.
I present to you Grand Royal. 80 minutes of my favorite Beastie Boys rarities, remixes, demos, live versions, out-takes, and more. If you’re a Beasties fan, I guarantee you find something new and exciting on this mix!
Being that this mix is so important to me, I wanted to make it extra special. Something beyond just an audio experience. I called my friend Jonathan Mannion, the legendary photographer (Jay-Z’s first four albums, Eminem, Lil Wayne, Nas, Aaliyah, the list goes on and on), and we decided to re-shoot the iconic cover from the Beastie’s 1989 classic Paul’s Boutique.
1. DMC: Christmas In Hollis 2012 (produced by nVMe)
2. Jimmy Smith: God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
3. Pee Pee Dynamite: Groovy Christmas & New Year (Still Life Edit)
4. James Brown: Soulful Christmas
5. Marvin Gaye: Purple Snowflakes
6. Jackson 5: Up On The House Top (DJ Spinna Re-Edit)
7. The Jive Turkeys: Funky Jesus
8. Stevie Wonder: Someday At Christmas
9. Minnie Ripperton: Christmas Love
10. The Jive Turkeys: Get Down Santa
11. Clarence Carter: Back Door Santa
12. Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings: Ain’t No Chimneys In The Projects
13. The Temptations: Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer
14. Cee-Lo Green: This Christmas
15. Soul Saints Orchestra: Santa’s Got A Bag Of Soul
16. Charles Bradley: Mary’s Baby
17. Louis Armstrong: Baby, It’s Cold Outside [Mulato Beat Remix]
18. Binky Griptite: Stone Soul Christmas
19. Jackson 5: Give Love On Christmas Day
20. Charles Bradley: Every Day Is Christmas (When I’m Loving You)
21. Charles Brown: Please Come Home For Christmas
22. James Brown: Santa Claus, Santa Claus